A compliation of several different recipes that I found - none were *quite* right. To save time and money, you can also sub in Marzetti's Blue Cheese Vinagarette - it is a pretty good dressing without all the work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sliced-lengthwise pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Slice each pecan half into three lengthwise pieces. Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar. Toss pecans with melted butter, then with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, tossing well to ensure a thorough coating. Put the nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until sugar is caramelized. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, slide the parchment together with the nuts off the sheet to cool, and set aside.
- 3Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- 4Chop the lettuces into smallish bite-sized pieces; use a salad spinner to wash and dry them. Slice the green onion.
- 5Break the angel hair into small, 2 inch pieces. Cook until al dente. Heat oil in a skillet, and fry drained pasta until crispy. Drain on paper towel and cool.
- 6Place the chopped lettuce in a large serving bowl (one large enough to toss the salad in). Add the vinaigrette and toss thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle with the chopped onion. Break the cooled pecan slices apart and sprinkle them over the salad.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Outback Steakhouse Chopped Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.3
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 298.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g