Air Force Mama's Note:
I love this soup, so good to eat with a nice salad and rolls
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 large baking potatoes, halved, sliced (I like to leave the skins on)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium (you can add salt but you can't take it out)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and add the sausage. Crumble sausage with spoon and brown sausage until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- 2Add 1 tbsp olive to a soup pot and add the onions and garlic.
- 3Cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4Pour the chicken broth into the pot with the onion mixture.
- 5Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 6Add the potatoes, and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- 7Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the heavy cream, sausage and the kale.
- 8Heat through but do not boil.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for COPYCAT Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.9
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 1442.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g