1/1 Photo of Copycat Olive Garden Seafood Portofino
I love, love, love this Olive Garden entree! The sauce is definitely not healthy, but it's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 56.69 g butter
- 56.69 g yellow onions, 1/4-inch dice
- 56.69 g roux (*try Gumbo Base (Aka Roux), or see below)
- 8 fluid ounce milk
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 28.34 g shrimp stock (try Shrimp Stock)
- 4.92 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 fluid ounce white wine
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1PORTOFINO SAUCE:.
- 2Start by getting your ingredients ready. Dice the onion.
- 3*Make the roux (heat vegetable oil on medium/high, add flour, stir continuously until oil flour mixture browns). The amount of oil is about equal to the amount of roux required by the recipe. For instance, the original recipe calls for 2 oz of roux. So 4 tbsp oil and 4 tbsp white flour. Set aside.
- 4Melt Butter on medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add white wine. Turn up heat to high until boiling then back down to medium. Cook 5 minutes on medium.
- 6Stir in roux, shrimp stock, and Old Bay Seasoning. Cook 3 minutes.
- 7Add milk and heavy cream. Turn heat on high just until mixture starts to boil. Turn to medium/low, cover, and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. The sauce is now ready! It can be store for up to one week in the regrigerator.
- 8Seafood Portofino:.
- 9Heat oil in saute pan over medium flame. Put mushrooms inches Cook 2 minutes.
- 10Add mussels, and cook 30 seconds.
- 11Add shrimp, crawfish, and scallops. Cook until heated through, stirring.
- 12Add portofino sauce; cook until bubbling throughout.
- 13Move mushrooms and seafood to one side of pan. Add linguine to other side. Using tongs,coat pasta with sauce. (mussels should be open).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Olive Garden Seafood Portofino
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.5
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 262.4 mg
- Sodium 1081.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning