Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love, love, love this Olive Garden entree! The sauce is definitely not healthy, but it's delicious!
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces yellow onions, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces roux (*try Gumbo Base (Aka Roux), or see below)
- 8 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 ounce shrimp stock (try Shrimp Stock)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 fluid ounces white wine
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 lb linguine, precooked (hot)
- fresh parsley
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 lb crawfish
- 1 lb scallops
- 60 mussels
- PORTOFINO SAUCE:.
- Start by getting your ingredients ready. Dice the onion.
- *Make the roux (heat vegetable oil on medium/high, add flour, stir continuously until oil flour mixture browns). The amount of oil is about equal to the amount of roux required by the recipe. For instance, the original recipe calls for 2 oz of roux. So 4 tbsp oil and 4 tbsp white flour. Set aside.
- Melt Butter on medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine. Turn up heat to high until boiling then back down to medium. Cook 5 minutes on medium.
- Stir in roux, shrimp stock, and Old Bay Seasoning. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add milk and heavy cream. Turn heat on high just until mixture starts to boil. Turn to medium/low, cover, and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. The sauce is now ready! It can be store for up to one week in the regrigerator.
- Seafood Portofino:.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium flame. Put mushrooms inches Cook 2 minutes.
- Add mussels, and cook 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp, crawfish, and scallops. Cook until heated through, stirring.
- Add portofino sauce; cook until bubbling throughout.
- Move mushrooms and seafood to one side of pan. Add linguine to other side. Using tongs,coat pasta with sauce. (mussels should be open).
MMMM Good. I didn't have a shrimp stock, so I used a clam stock instead. Worked out perfectly. Will make again.
I'm so excited to try this as it seems Olive Garden has dropped this from their menu. We were very sad to learn this on our last trip :(
delicious, made a seafood version, and a nonseafood version using chicken stock. Will make again. It's like having fresh restaurant leftovers at home! Love to eat it despite the 650 calories per tiny serving.