Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Talk about yummy. From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
Sponge Cake Base
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup peach liqueur or 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps (or reserved canned/fresh peaches)
- 2 cups peaches, ripe and fresh,sliced,drained well,canned or firm
- 1 pint whipping cream (or equivalent)
- Base: Preheat oven to 375~.
- Lightly grease base of 10" spring form pan.
- Beat whole egg in 1-1/2-qt bowl with mixer on high speed- 4 minutes- to a thick yellow foam.
- Mix in sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Add flour, water, vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Mix on low speed until fully blended.
- Pour into spring form pan, roll around until level.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes on lowest oven rack.
- Cool to room temp.
- Filling: Preheat oven to 325~.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour with electric mixer on high until smooth.
- Add vanilla, sour cream and peach flavoring and mix on medium until a smooth thick consistency is obtained.
- Fold in peach slices carefully- distribute evenly.
- Pour cheesecake filling onto cooled sponge cake base.
- Bake 70 minutes on lower oven rack, turn off oven, open oven door to broil position and let cake remain 40 minutes.
- Cool to refrigerated temperature.
- Topping: Top with fresh whipped cream or equivalent and serve.
- Store up to 2 days in the fridge.
great cheesecake used peach nectar and canned peaches, good stuff
This was WONDERFUL! Made it for Easter dinner and everyone wanted to take some home. I will be making this again and again. I think that I have found my dream cheesecake. Wasn't crazy about the crust, although I may have used a larger pan the base seemed to be thin and absorbed the moisture of the cake.