Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This does take a couple of extra steps, but it is worth it! From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup kraft parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices chicken breasts, 1/2 inch thick (chicken tenders)
- vegetable oil (frying)
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (Chablis)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil leaves
- 3⁄4 cup mild asiago cheese (finely grated)
- 4 broccoli florets (lightly steamed)
- 2 white mushrooms (quartered lightly steamed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Wash and drain chicken strips.
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Place milk in dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
- Place in fry pan in which oil has been heated and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden.
- Remove and drain chicken.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter, add olive oil.
- Whisk in flour until mixture is blended.
- Quickly add garlic, water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt stir well.
- Add wine and blend.
- Immediately add half and half and sour cream stir.
- When mixture is smooth add grated cheese stir until melted.
- Finally sprinkle fresh basil in the sauce and stir lightly and remove from heat.
- Garnish: Place 2 cups pasta in individual a pasta dish.
- Spoon about 1/2- 3/4 cup sauce over pasta, add broccoli and mushrooms.
- Place Parmesan Chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper and add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Another winner, just very very heavy. It is not difficult to make but there are soooo many steps!! Well worth it tho! DELISH!!!
I thought it was just okay. It seemed really heavy. I liked the noodles and sauce, but not with the breaded chicken. I would have preferred a grilled chicken or the breaded chicken with a red sauce.
Fantastic dish and it tastes very clode to Olive Gardens Recipe. Tmctizzle, I think you may be confusing this dish with the Chicken Parmesan which has a red sauce. This dish was on the Olive Garden menu periodically from 1999-2004. I was working there when it made an appearance on the menu and it was one of my favorite recipes. This is VERY close to the same recipe. Thanks for posting this!!