1/19 Photos of Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com It's finally here! What everyone's been waiting for! Just in time for winter, this soup is sure to warm your soul with it's savory flavor and wonderful aroma. I've asked many an Olive Garden waiter for this recipe, but none gave it to me in detail. One waiter told me the secret ingredient was to add a little red wine to the stock, but I'll leave that up to you to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen cut Italian cut green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note ( Do not use chicken broth!*)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrot (julienned or shredded)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 1Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- 2Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- 3Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- 4Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- 6Makes about eight 1 1/2 cup servings.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 471.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: