Recipe by AndreaVT96
I found this recipe on a (since-forgotten) web-site years ago and have been making it since. It's a copycat of Olive Garden's Spinach and Artichoke dip. I find it extremely similar. Whenever I have to go somewhere that I bring an appetizer, this is always the one that is requested.
Top Review by Bakabeth
This is the recipe I use! It has the perfect texture. I've been using this for a couple years, although I too have no idea where I got it from. I use fresh spinach, wilted by microwaving it for a few minutes. I also add more garlic salt, a 1/4 tsp onion powder and some parsley. So yummy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese (texture does better)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil (1 Tbsp. if using fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Cream together mayonnaise, Parmesan, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, and garlic salt. Mix well.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach (be careful to drain this well), and mix until blended.
- Spray pie pan with Pam, pour in dip, and top with mozarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Best served with thinly sliced toasted bread, such as French or Italian.