Recipe by Lennie
After much searching, this copycat Olive Garden recipe was found on the Web in response to a request.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is absolutely awesome! I've never had the original, but I now never feel the need to do so. Very easy to prepare and looks very professional. I doubled the sauce ingredients as I am a girl who likes sauce on her pasta. I used canned DICED tomatoes as I felt it would look better and had only half and half so I used that instead of heavy cream, with no ill effects. I served this over egg and spinach fettucine and got rave reviews from everyone who ate it! Thanks for the incredible recipe...this is a keeper!!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped canned tomato
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper' brown strips in hot oil and remove to a plate.
- Stir in onions and garlic and cook until tender; then stir in mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Stir in wine and bring to simmer.
- Stir in tomatoes and return to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper and return chicken to pan; cook over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Finish sauce with cream and parsley.
- Serve warm over pasta of your choice.