Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After much searching, this copycat Olive Garden recipe was found on the Web in response to a request.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper' brown strips in hot oil and remove to a plate.
- Stir in onions and garlic and cook until tender; then stir in mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Stir in wine and bring to simmer.
- Stir in tomatoes and return to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper and return chicken to pan; cook over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Finish sauce with cream and parsley.
- Serve warm over pasta of your choice.
This is absolutely awesome! I've never had the original, but I now never feel the need to do so. Very easy to prepare and looks very professional. I doubled the sauce ingredients as I am a girl who likes sauce on her pasta. I used canned DICED tomatoes as I felt it would look better and had only half and half so I used that instead of heavy cream, with no ill effects. I served this over egg and spinach fettucine and got rave reviews from everyone who ate it! Thanks for the incredible recipe...this is a keeper!!!
I really wasn't that impressed with this dish. I've eaten it at the Olive Garden before and this really doesn't taste like it. Next time I would cut down a bit on the wine, as it seemed to overpower the dish.
I've never had this at the restaurant so I can't do a direct comparison to the Olive Garden. But it was very, very good. I cut the recipe in half since I was only cooking for 2. I used half & half cream and diced tomatoes - I'll use fresh from our garden in the summer. But next time, I'll cook 2 chicken breasts and keep the rest of the ingredients as directed so there is more sauce. Thanx Lennie!