Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try these on a bun with pickles, lettuce and my copycat recipe of zaxby's sauce for a perfect lunch
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 2 quarts peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1.Cut chicken breasts across into half-inch pieces.
- 2.Place the chicken and buttermilk into a shallow dish and cover.
- 3.Chill the chicken for at least fifteen minutes.
- 4.Pour the oil into a deep frying pan and heat to 375 degrees.
- 5.Combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- 6.Beat the egg in another shallow bowl.
- 7.Place the flour in a shallow plate.
- 8.Cover the chicken fingers in flour, then dip in the egg, and finally cover them with the cornflake and bread crumb mixture.
- 9.Place the coated chicken in the hot oil and fry for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the Chicken Fingerz on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 10.Cool slightly to create a crispier coating.
I'm not sure who has tried this recipe but I followed each step with the exact ingredients. I crushed the corn flakes up to bread crumb consistency, and check the temp on my grease and it was on point. The cornflakes burnt within a minute of being in the fryer! They tasted horrible and burnt also. Ruined a whole pound of chicken! ?