Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try these on a bun with pickles, lettuce and my copycat recipe of zaxby's sauce for a perfect lunch
Make and share this Copycat of Zaxby's Chicken Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- 1.Cut chicken breasts across into half-inch pieces.
- 2.Place the chicken and buttermilk into a shallow dish and cover.
- 3.Chill the chicken for at least fifteen minutes.
- 4.Pour the oil into a deep frying pan and heat to 375 degrees.
- 5.Combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- 6.Beat the egg in another shallow bowl.
- 7.Place the flour in a shallow plate.
- 8.Cover the chicken fingers in flour, then dip in the egg, and finally cover them with the cornflake and bread crumb mixture.
- 9.Place the coated chicken in the hot oil and fry for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the Chicken Fingerz on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 10.Cool slightly to create a crispier coating.