Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are awesome and amazing
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the butter. Beat the remaining butter with mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat until well mixed. Beat in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. In another large bowl stir together flour and baking soda then stir in oats. Gradually stir dry mixture into beaten mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the 2 tablespoons butter, the sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate . Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Press three quarters of the oat mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 15×10x1inch baking pan (or something close to it). Spread chocolate mixture over the oat mixture. Use your fingers and dot the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate. Tip: Wet your fingers slightly to help prevent sticking.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned (chocolate mixture will still look moist). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 2×2 inch inch bars.
Good, but very sweet. Didn't need all of the oatmeal mixture.