Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I tried a similar salad at cheesecake factory this weekend and instantly wanted to create it at home. I found this recipe on the web, made a few modifications and think it's a great place to start!
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups baby greens
- 3 roasted beets, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, glazed
- 1 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Scrub beets and cut the greens off.
- Rub with a little oil (canola or olive), wrap in foil, and bake for about an hour (until a knife slides in easily).
- Allow to cool and the cut off tops and bottoms, slide off the skins, and dice.
- While cooling, prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients until well blended.
- Place salad greens on a salad platter.
- Top with beets, walnuts and diced apple.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and drizzle the dressing over all.
The ingredients list pecans but the directions say walnuts. I guess you can mix and match! I will use walnuts.