Recipe by Amy Henson
I found this on topsecretrecipes.com. The extra vanilla makes the house smell heavenly when these are baking. The key to these cookies is to not bake them past the recommended 10 minutes. This way after they cool they will be nice and chewy. Mmmmmm!
Top Review by Dachsymom65
Sorry...but this is not it! These are good...but the REAL recipe includes the shavings of an 8-oz Hershey's chocolate bar to be mixed in to the dough. I used to have the recipe and haven't made them for years because I lost it! If I ever find it...I will post it!! :-)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- With your fingers, place golf ball-sized dough portions 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown.