Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A copycat recipe, posted by request.
Make and share this Copycat Montreal Steak Seasoning Blend recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried fennel
- Combine all in a Ziploc bag or shaker and mix thoroughly.
I'm from Montreal and know that the steak seasoning contains coriander seeds, your recipe doesn't mention any.
This was all wrong. The salt was ridiculously to much and the fennel definitely dominated over the other flavors it tasted nothing like McCormick brand Montreal seasoning it tasted like salty liquorice.
I was out of my standby store-bought and in a panic..I thought to look here for something. I was surprised at how easy it was. I decreased the salt by a tbls because we are generally a non-salt family. The steaks were perfect and the seasoning was a huge part in it. I will not buy this stuff again! I now mix it in the smallest "disposable" storage container and always have it on hand. We have even used it a fundraising bbq that fed over 100 and it was still spot on!