Recipe by Doxie lover in the Rock 2
I love Mcallister's tortilla soup and had to find the recipe. Found this posted on another website, looks good.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 3 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16 ounces tortilla chips
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the garlic and onion in the butter or margarine for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir well, cooking for 1 minute more.
- Add the broth and half-and-half. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add the soup, salsa, corn, chicken, cumin, fajita seasoning and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Stir and continue to heat for 15 minutes.
- Crumble tortilla chips into individual bowls, add 1/2 ounce shredded cheese to each bowl and ladle in soup. Top each bowl with more crumbled chips, remaining 1/2 ounce cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro, few chopped green onions and serve.