1/1 Photo of Copycat Mc Donald's Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers
Heather Sullivan's Note:
My friend found this for me(when I was having a McDonalds burger obsession) in one of her cookbooks and it's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1/8 lb ground beef (I have used extremely lean ground beef for this, like 5% fat kind)
- 1 plain hamburger bun (I use Hot Dog/Hamburger Buns/Rolls/Cinnamon Buns Dough Cycle A.b.m.)
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard (American yellow)
- 1 dill pickle, slice (sour kind, not sweet)
- 1 slice American cheese (I have used those plastic cover cheese singles with good success if other American Cheese is unavail)
- 1Mix the dried onion with the boiling water and let sit until re hydrated and no longer dry & crunchy.
- 2Roll ground beef into a ball and press flat on waxed paper until about 1/8 inch thick.
- 3Brown faces of bun in a dry frying pan over medium heat. Remove bun and cook burger in the same pan for 2 min per side, salting each side lightly during cooking.
- 4On the top bun-half spread the ketchup, mustard, and onion, in the order, and top with the pickle slice.
- 5put the beef patty on the bottom bun and quickly slap the top and bottom together. Microwave the burger on high for 10-15 seconds. FOR CHEESEBURGERS: follow the above recipe, but add a slice of American cheese on top of the beef patty in the final assembly. Microwave for 15 seconds on high to help steam the bun and simulate being wrapped in paper.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Mc Donald's Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 1145.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 18.2 g