As I am moving away from rice - I've found the subtle flavor of cabbage serves as a great alternative, particularly in an Asian dish like stir-fry or teryiaki chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 yellow cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon butter substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1Boil 2 cups water
- 2Toss shredded cabbage with butter and desired spices.
- 3Place cabbage in vegetable steamer (metal or bamboo)
- 4Steam for 8-10 minutes or to desired texture.
- 5*Tip: Use tongs to sift cabbage and ensure it cooks evenly throughout.
- 6Serve with stir-fry chicken, fish or tofu. Can also be used under a chicken dish as you would rice.
- 7Low Carbers Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Low-carb Cabbage Rice
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g