Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
As I am moving away from rice - I've found the subtle flavor of cabbage serves as a great alternative, particularly in an Asian dish like stir-fry or teryiaki chicken.
- Boil 2 cups water
- Toss shredded cabbage with butter and desired spices.
- Place cabbage in vegetable steamer (metal or bamboo)
- Steam for 8-10 minutes or to desired texture.
- *Tip: Use tongs to sift cabbage and ensure it cooks evenly throughout.
- Serve with stir-fry chicken, fish or tofu. Can also be used under a chicken dish as you would rice.
- Low Carbers Enjoy!