Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an incredibly good clone of the real thing. A friend emailed this recipe to me.
- 3⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup beef bouillon powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- About 5 tablespoons of mix are equal to 1 1¼-ounce package.
- To make onion dip: Mix 5 tablespoons with one pint of sour cream.
Awesome! I used this in Figgie's Saucy Forgotten Beef and it was sooo flavorful. (I am going to cut back a little next time as this seems to have even more flavor than the store bought variety.) I did substitute Splenda for the sugar. I love that I can make my own and reduce the preservatives in my family's food even more. Next time I'm going to make with my own home dried onion flakes too! Thanks Miller!!
Millie, I cannot thank you enough for this recipe. I have to order the real Lipton soup mix from the net and the cost is ridiculous. Finding this recipe made my day! You're a gem for sharing it!
Fabulous!!! I didn't have a packet of the onion soup mix in my pantry and needed it for my roast. This was a life saver and it added more flavor than the original. Many Thanks!!