1/2 Photos of (Copycat) La Madeline's Tomato Basil Soup
~ Alison ~'s Note:
This is the closest I have managed to copying the Tomato Basil soup at La Madeline. This is the best soup for cold winter nights, and I have yet to meet anyone who did not like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml whole canned tomatoes (or 8-10 fresh peeled, and chopped)
- 946.36 ml tomato juice, & broth mix of (50/50, I used vegetable broth to make the recipe vegetarian)
- 8 basil leaves, chopped finely or 14.79 ml dried basil
- 236.59 ml cream
- 118.32 ml sweet unsalted butter
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1Combine tomatoes, tomato juice and broth in a saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2Puree with basil in the blender. Make sure that this is smooth - I always strain it.
- 3Return to saucepan. Add cream and butter while stirring over low heat.
- 4Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Copycat) La Madeline's Tomato Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 777.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g