Recipe by Chefcrystal
Kobe is a Japanese restaurant from my hometown. I got this recipe from a cookbook called Hometown Cooking with Bank of Granite and credit is given to Robin Powell. I normally double the rice (it's that good!) and 1/2 the "shrimp sauce" as it goes a long way. I am listing it here exactly as it is printed. PS- Shrimp Sauce is Kobe's name for it there is no shrimp anywhere near it. I serve it with Japanese-Style Sesame Chicken.
Top Review by BethHallKelley
Very good! The rice came together perfectly. I can see that you could add some chicken and water chestnuts etc. I sauteed my vegetables for about 3 minutes before adding the rice, just a preference. The sauce was a nice creamy sauce that compliments the rice as well as the chicken I served with it, it reminds me of a salad dressing.
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, cut into pea size pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 quart dukes mayonnaise (any brand will do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄16 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fried Rice:.
- Cook peas, corn, and carrots in microwave for 2-4 minutes (until crisp and tender). Cool and add to rice.
- Place 1 - 2 T oil in wok or non-stick pan.
- Sauté rice, vegetables and onion briefly.
- Top with 1T butter and cook until hot.
- Add soy sauce and sauté until incorporated.
- Serve immediately; top with shrimp sauce.
- Shrimp Sauce:.
- Add ingredients, in order given, to food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.