1/2 Photos of Copycat Kobe Style Fried Rice With " Shrimp Sauce"
Kobe is a Japanese restaurant from my hometown. I got this recipe from a cookbook called Hometown Cooking with Bank of Granite and credit is given to Robin Powell. I normally double the rice (it's that good!) and 1/2 the "shrimp sauce" as it goes a long way. I am listing it here exactly as it is printed. PS- Shrimp Sauce is Kobe's name for it there is no shrimp anywhere near it. I serve it with Japanese-Style Sesame Chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into pea size pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Fried Rice:.
- 2Cook peas, corn, and carrots in microwave for 2-4 minutes (until crisp and tender). Cool and add to rice.
- 3Place 1 - 2 T oil in wok or non-stick pan.
- 4Sauté rice, vegetables and onion briefly.
- 5Top with 1T butter and cook until hot.
- 6Add soy sauce and sauté until incorporated.
- 7Serve immediately; top with shrimp sauce.
- 8Shrimp Sauce:.
- 9Add ingredients, in order given, to food processor or blender.
- 10Process until smooth.
- 11Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Kobe Style Fried Rice With " Shrimp Sauce"
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1350.6
- Calories from Fat 767
- Total Fat 85.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.3 mg
- Sodium 2463.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 10.7 g