Recipe by Todd Wilbur
from Top Secret Recipes http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
Top Review by Two Socks
These are truly delicious chicken wings, primarily because of the yummy sauce. I literally can't stop licking my fingers after eating each wing, and the sauce is so easy and has a very nice zing to it. I'll be making these often, and thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 -8 cups vegetable oil
- 20 pieces chicken wings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon msg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer set to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and MSG.
- When oil is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- Arrange wings on a plate until each one is breaded.
- Fry the wings in the oil for 9-12 minutes or until light, golden brown.
- If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time. Drain on paper towels or a rack.
- When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a light coating of sauce. Serve immediately.