1/2 Photos of Copycat KFC Honey BBQ Wings
Todd Wilbur's Note:
from Top Secret Recipes http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a boil.
- 2Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- 3As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer set to 350 degrees.
- 4Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- 5In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and MSG.
- 6When oil is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- 7Arrange wings on a plate until each one is breaded.
- 8Fry the wings in the oil for 9-12 minutes or until light, golden brown.
- 9If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time. Drain on paper towels or a rack.
- 10When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a light coating of sauce. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat KFC Honey BBQ Wings
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1838.1
- Calories from Fat 776
- Total Fat 86.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 487.3 mg
- Sodium 5638.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 92.8 g
- Protein 106.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring