Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Top Secret Recipes http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
Make and share this Copycat KFC Honey BBQ Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 -8 cups vegetable oil
- 20 pieces chicken wings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon msg
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer set to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and MSG.
- When oil is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- Arrange wings on a plate until each one is breaded.
- Fry the wings in the oil for 9-12 minutes or until light, golden brown.
- If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time. Drain on paper towels or a rack.
- When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a light coating of sauce. Serve immediately.
These are truly delicious chicken wings, primarily because of the yummy sauce. I literally can't stop licking my fingers after eating each wing, and the sauce is so easy and has a very nice zing to it. I'll be making these often, and thanks for sharing.
We thought this tasted great almost just like the real thing. We liked the sauce so much that I will be using it on other bbq recipes!
very close to the real thing!