Recipe by UnknownChef86
I am an avid collector of recipes. A young lady, a former KFC employee, was looking at my recipes one evening when she discovered this one. She told me that the recipe was close, but that I should remove the vinegar and lemon juice and replace them with tarragon vinegar. Tarragon vinegar is the secret. Note: This is one of the recipes I adopted in the Great 'Zaar Orphan Adoption of 2005. I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Meccatx
I've been making this recipe for the past two years and I get the same question every time I serve it at gatherings, "Did you get this at KFC?" ...... My tips? 1.) I use dried tarragon and apple cider vinegar (instead of tarragon vinegar), and still get the same flavor; and 2.) I make the coleslaw about three days in advance so it has the flavor and sharp bite of KFC's.
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 6 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 carrots
- 2 heads cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, onions and sugar.
- Add tarragon vinegar.
- Fold in Miracle Whip.
- Pour over grated carrots and cabbage.
- Fold in well.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight covered dish.
- Best if made the night before serving.
- The tarragon is the secret seasoning.
- Compare with the real KFC coleslaw.