Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the closest recipe I can find to replicating the Kentucky Pie at McAlister's Deli. This stuff is absolutely to die for! It's great if you serve it like they do at McAlister's...warm, drizzled with chocolate syrup, topped with whipped cream, and served with vanilla ice cream.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons rum or 3 tablespoons rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Combine sugar, flour, and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in nuts, coconut, and rum.
- Melt the butter/margarine, then stir into mixture.
- Pour chocolate chips on bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- Pour mixture over chips.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes.
Pretty good, but it was too dry. Needs something else...I will have to play around with the recipe a bit.
this was a good pie fast simple tasted good with ice cream and cool whip
This was delicious!! I made 2 pies this weekend while at the lake. First pie was such a success that I made a second one the next day. The second pie I added extra chocolate chips in with the batter part. I served with vanilla bean ice cream and hershey's chocolate syrup. I also used milk chocolate chips in place of the regular chocolate chips. Everyone really enjoyed this pie and one I am sure to be made many more times. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! :)