Chef Big Pat's Note:
This is the copycat version from TSR for KELLOGG'S EGGO WAFFLES.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Heat up a waffle iron.
- 22. Combine flour with baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 33. In a separate medium bowl, combine eggs and sugar with electric mixer for 1 minute on high speed. Add water, milk and oil and mix until combined.
- 44. Pour wet mixture into the dry stuff. Add food coloring, and mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- 55. Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto waffle iron and close. Cook for 1 minute, then carefully remove waffle and cool. Waffle should not have browned, repeat with remaining waffle batter.
- 66. When waffles are cool, seal them up in freezer bag and freeze.
- 77. When preparing waffles to eat, cook as with originals: In a toaster on the lowest setting until browned. You may have to break or cut waffles in
- 8half so that they fit all the way into your toaster.
- 9Tibits: Here are the minor adjustments you can make to the above recipe to create clones of three other Eggo varities.
- 10BUTTERMILK WAFFLES:
- 11Use 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup buttermilk 3/4 cup water.
- 12BLUEBERRY WAFFLES:.
- 13Add 3/4 cup dried and chopped blueberries to the basic recipe batter. Stir in blueberries after combining wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- 14WHOLE WHEAT WAFFLES:.
- 15Use 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour and 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour. Also, increase water to 3/4 cup.
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Kellogg's Eggo Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.1
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 218.2 mg
- Sodium 1039.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 18.4 g