1/3 Photos of CopyCat Junior's "Berries on Top" Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
This recipe is from the famous NY eatery, Junior's, most famous for their delicious cheesecakes. Recipe adapted from "Welcome to Junior's." The muffins will look especially pretty because of the berries that get dropped on top right before baking. Recipe makes 6-8 jumbo-sized muffins or 12-18 regular-sized muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First of all, divide up your berries into three different batches- set aside a 2/3 cup portion for mashing, then divide the remaining berries into two equal portions- one portion for folding into the batter, and the remainder for dropping on top.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Grease 6 jumbo muffins tins or 12 regular size muffin tins well.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- 5In another bowl, on high speed with an electric mixer, cream the butter about 2 minutes- until light and fluffy.
- 6With the mixer still running, gradually add the sugar and mix well.
- 7Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- 8Continue to beat until creamy and batter looks light yellow.
- 9Mix in vanilla and mashed berries until well combined.
- 10Lower speed of mixer to medium, beat in some of the flour mixture, then some of the milk, and then more flour etc- in three portions each.
- 11Beat batter until airy and well combined, about 1 more minute.
- 12Gently fold in one of the portions of whole berries.
- 13Fill muffing tins almost all the way full.
- 14Drop the remaining portion of whole berries individually atop the muffin batter.
- 15Bake about 1o minutes, then REDUCE oven temp to 375 F and continue baking until golden brown and set in the center, about 15 minutes.
- 16Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for CopyCat Junior's "Berries on Top" Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 413.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 49.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g