Recipe by Gay Gilmore
I am in love with Inner Beauty Hot Sauce right now. Though this copycat recipe found on the internet (http://www.wsrcc.com/alison/recipes/inner.html) seems to have quite a different ingredient set that what is on the bottle. I will update the recipe/description after I have made this. Using latex gloves to chop habeneros is HIGHLY recommended.
- 12 fresh habaneros
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup cheap yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice caps off of habaneros, remove seeds and set aside (you'll add them at the end to increase the heat to your desired tastes).
- Coarsely chop the body of the habaneros and add to food processor bowl.
- Cut mango into bowl trying to catch all juice.
- Add the mango flesh and juice to the processor bowl and puree.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and process till smooth.
- Taste, and add the seed bundles you reserved from the habaneros a few at a time to taste.
- Pour into jar (s) or bottle (s) and store in refrigerator.