Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fudge unpluged (haven't tried yet, tell me how it is!) Hungry Girl has done it again. Armed with nothing but pumpkin, some brownie mix and a VERY lowfat PB, she’s whipped up a version of chocolate peanut butter fudge that's so low in calories and fat, it'll make you cry tears of joy. Here's the secret recipe...
- 473.18 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 519.64 g box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix (family size 18.3 oz)
- 29.58 ml low-fat peanut butter, room temperature (better n peanut butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl; stir until smooth (do not add anything else).
- Spray a small baking pan (6" X 6" or 8" X 4" work best - no larger!) with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of Better ‘n Peanut Butter (room temperature) on top and use a knife to swirl peanut butter around.
- Cook for approximately 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked.
- Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Cut into 36 squares and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 piece - 1 Point!
super easy, super good. I made the fudge w/out the peanut butter. Next time I will make it with the recommended brownie mix and the peanut butter. Oh and I made it in a greased cupcake pan. Perfect portions, I even cut the portions into smaller bites. First batch baked for 25 min second for 35, not much difference. I would do 25 min again. Yay!
I absolutely LOVED this recipe! Served it at a party and there was 1 person out of 20 who said it was just alright. As for everyone else's comments saying the pumpkin was overpowering, maybe it is the kind of brownie mix used? The recipe calls for fudge brownie mix so thats what I used and it didnt taste like pumpkin at all. I used a 19.5 oz. box of mix to a 15 ounce can of pumpkin and put it into an 8x8 pan. The gooey center was better than the crust I think also. I didnt use the peanut butter, just the brownie bites as is and I WILL make again from now on! :)
I agree. I made this for a kids' potluck and it was so horrible. I'll take the real deal any day and just count the extra calories.