Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I tried Todd Wilbur's Hooters Buffalo Wings for Hooter's hot wings, but I made some adjustments to lighten it up and here it is! These do need to marinate overnight, which is not included in the cook times.
- 20 chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- cayenne pepper
- 2 cups hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Shedd Spread Country Crock, made with yogurt
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Defrost the chicken wings and place them in a flat dish to marinate. Cover with 1 cup hot sauce and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in medium size bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Coat each chicken wing in the flour mixture and place on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake wings for about 5-7 minutes then turn over and bake another 5 minutes.
- Make the sauce - in saucepan, combine butter, 1 cup hot sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder. Heat through and mix well.
- Turn oven to broil and broil about 2-3 minutes to crisp them up. WATCH them - you don't want them to burn!
- Remove wings from oven and place in medium size bowl.
- Cover with sauce, place lid on bowl and shake them until well coated.
- Serve with low-fat ranch or eat plain!