1 hr 20 mins
I found this on a site called GroceryBudget101.com. I haven't tried it yet but sounds yummy! With food prices rising so insanely this year, I've pretty much stopped buying snack foods, but it's fun to try making my own now and then.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water (105F-110F)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (105-110F)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Mix yeast in 1 Celsius of the flour, add sugar. Combine water, milk, melted butter, and egg in the mixer, add the flour/yeast/sugar mixture blending well (about 3 minutes). Add vanilla, salt and remaining flour. The dough should be quite soft, but not sticky.
- 2Cover the dough and let rise until double. (The author generally uses the moist oven method for faster results: Preheat the oven to 200F, place a loaf pan filled halfway with boiling water in the oven. SHUT OVEN OFF.
- 3Place dough in warm, moist oven to rise. This method generally reduces rising time by half.) Dough has risen enough when an indentation remains when you poke it.
- 4On a heavily floured surface, roll dough out 1/2" thick and cut out the donuts using a donut cutter dipped in flour.
- 5Let the donuts and holes rise/set for 15 minutes. In the meantime, heat up the oil for frying, 3-4" deep. The oil needs to be about 360F in order to prevent it from saturating the dough. A drop of dough should sizzle. Fry for approximately 60 seconds each side, turning only ONCE. Remove from hot oil, place on paper towels, cool for 5-7 minutes before glazing.
- 6To make glaze: Combine butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, honey and hot water in a small bowl, blending until smooth. Dunk the donuts into the glaze.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Honey Glazed Dunkin Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 220.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g