4 hrs 10 mins
Home Run Inn is a Chicago legend. It is my favorite thin crust pizza. After moving from Chicago to southern Illinois, I found the choice of good pizza places to be lacking. I finally discovered a grocery store that sold frozen Home Run Inn pizza. My recipe comes from one that I found on a pizza website, compared it to the ingredients on the frozen pizza box, and tweaked it to my liking. Now this reminds me of sweet home Chicago! It's definitely worth the time to make. Enjoy. (Recipe doubles well.)
My Private Note
14 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve 1 teaspoon salt in warm water. Add yeast and stir. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
- 2Add 1/2 cup flour and mix well.
- 3Add 3/4 flour and corn oil. Mix, combine well.
- 4Add remaining 3/4 cup flour and knead 5 minutes.
- 5Place in bowl, cover with moist towel to prevent dough from drying out, and let rise in warm oven for 2 hours.
- 6Punch down, replace moist towel, and let rise for another 2 hours. Remove from oven.
- 7Place dough on pizza stone or sheet and roll out thinly to approximately 14-15 inches across. Pinch up sides to make crust.
- 8Puree tomatoes in blender. Spread desired amount of sauce over dough then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Add any pizza toppings of your choice.
- 9Top with mozzarella cheese.
- 10Bake in 475 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Home Run Inn Chicago Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.8
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 1116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g