Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I had to come up with this quick. Every Thanksgiving my mom serves Green Giant Niblets corn in butter sauce and I promised I would pick it up for her and bring it on Thanksgiving day. When I went to the store, they were sold out! I made this recipe and brought it already prepared to Thanksgiving dinner. Nobody was the wiser! I saved some money too, because I used store brand corn! This recipe makes a lot...you may want to half it.
Top Review by Jan in Lanark
We thought this recipe was great Karen. I tried it on a smaller scale a couple of weeks ago and thought it tasted just like the frozen boxed variety at a fraction of the price. We're having a houseful for Thanksgiving (Canadian!) this weekend and I plan on making this part of the menu.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen corn (yellow "or" shoepeg white, any brand)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Add corn to large sauce pan along with all ingredients except water and cornstarch.
- Stir corn mixture over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Combine water and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is disolved.
- Slowly add water to corn in sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir until sauce thickens.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, about 10 minutes.