- 18 fresh cayenne peppers (ends & stems removed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- USING FRESH CAYENNE PEPPERS.
- There are two different ways to prepare this sauce. You can use fresh cayenne peppers, or you can use cayenne peppers from your garden that you have canned.
- If you're using fresh cayenne peppers, simply remove the ends and measure all of the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce the heat slightly, but so the mixture continues to boil.
- Simmer about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat, carefully pour it into a blender & puree until thick and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan and simmer another 15 minutes.
- USING CANNED CAYENNE PEPPERS.
- If you're using canned cayenne peppers, which is what we used in this particular recipe --.
- In a blender add 18 peppers, 1 cup of vinegar (we used the juice from our home-canned peppers), garlic, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cover and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- The sauce is much better if you allow the flavors to marry overnight in the fridge, but if you don't have enough time to let it marinate overnight it will still turn out great wings!