1/1 Photo of Copycat Franks Red Hot Sauce
Jessi Leigh's Note:
Recreate the flavor of Americas favorite red hot cayenne pepper sauce in your very own kitchen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1USING FRESH CAYENNE PEPPERS.
- 2There are two different ways to prepare this sauce. You can use fresh cayenne peppers, or you can use cayenne peppers from your garden that you have canned.
- 3If you're using fresh cayenne peppers, simply remove the ends and measure all of the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- 4Heat over medium heat until boiling.
- 5Reduce the heat slightly, but so the mixture continues to boil.
- 6Simmer about 20-25 minutes.
- 7Remove the mixture from heat, carefully pour it into a blender & puree until thick and smooth.
- 8Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan and simmer another 15 minutes.
- 9USING CANNED CAYENNE PEPPERS.
- 10If you're using canned cayenne peppers, which is what we used in this particular recipe --.
- 11In a blender add 18 peppers, 1 cup of vinegar (we used the juice from our home-canned peppers), garlic, salt, and garlic powder.
- 12Cover and puree until smooth.
- 13Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 14Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 15The sauce is much better if you allow the flavors to marry overnight in the fridge, but if you don't have enough time to let it marinate overnight it will still turn out great wings!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Franks Red Hot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 403.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g