Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
We were eating at El Torito one night, and I mentioned to the waiter how much I loved their corn cake, and the waiter gave me this simple recipe. It's moist and delicious, and it's a must serve with every Tex Mex or Mexican meal I cook!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn (not whole kernel)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- Mix all ingredients together very well.
- Pour into greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
We adored this! Don't care if it's a true copycat or not, we loved it
the original recipe was published in the orange county register newspaper a few years back and it was rather intense. I love this recipe it is very close and it satisfies.
I liked this, but I don't think it is quite like El Torito's. This one seems sweeter and stickier. The sweet flavor did pair well with the enchiladas that I made along with this dish. Thanks for posting.