2 hrs 15 mins
Iron Woman's Note:
I love El Torito's Deep Fried Ice Cream. It's different than having a sundae or a banana split which is why I love it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Form ice cream into 4 balls. Place in baking pan andfreeze solid, 2 hours or longer.
- 2Mix cereal, sugar and cinnamon. Divide equally between 2 pie plates or other.
- 3shallow containers.
- 4Beat eggs with water.
- 5Roll each ice cream ball in cereal mixture and press.
- 6coating into ice cream. Dip coated ball in egg wash, then roll in second container of cereal mixture. Again press coating onto ice cream.
- 7Freeze coated ice cream balls solid, 4 to 6 hours.
- 8Shape each tortilla into hourglass form (with narrow waist) by cutting off curved slice from 2 opposite sides. One end will serve as base for ice cream. Other end will be decorative fan.
- 9Heat oil in wok or large deep−fryer. Place tortilla between 2 ladles or large spoons of different sizes(smaller ladle on top). Place tortilla so that base end is cupped in larger ladle to form basket, with back of.
- 10upper fan supported by handle of larger ladle.
- 11Deep−fry until crisp.
- 12Drain and sprinkle with cinnamon−sugar. Set aside.
- 13Deep−fry frozen coated ice cream balls 30 to 45 seconds.
- 14Place each fried tortilla in large−stemmed.
- 15glass, with fan part of tortilla standing vertically above glass. Set fried ice cream ball in base of tortilla.
- 16Top with dollop of whipped cream and decorate with cherry.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat El Torito Deep Fried Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 226.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate chip ice cream