Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I love El Torito's Deep Fried Ice Cream. It's different than having a sundae or a banana split which is why I love it. Enjoy!
- Form ice cream into 4 balls. Place in baking pan andfreeze solid, 2 hours or longer.
- Mix cereal, sugar and cinnamon. Divide equally between 2 pie plates or other.
- shallow containers.
- Beat eggs with water.
- Roll each ice cream ball in cereal mixture and press.
- coating into ice cream. Dip coated ball in egg wash, then roll in second container of cereal mixture. Again press coating onto ice cream.
- Freeze coated ice cream balls solid, 4 to 6 hours.
- Shape each tortilla into hourglass form (with narrow waist) by cutting off curved slice from 2 opposite sides. One end will serve as base for ice cream. Other end will be decorative fan.
- Heat oil in wok or large deep−fryer. Place tortilla between 2 ladles or large spoons of different sizes(smaller ladle on top). Place tortilla so that base end is cupped in larger ladle to form basket, with back of.
- upper fan supported by handle of larger ladle.
- Deep−fry until crisp.
- Drain and sprinkle with cinnamon−sugar. Set aside.
- Deep−fry frozen coated ice cream balls 30 to 45 seconds.
- Place each fried tortilla in large−stemmed.
- glass, with fan part of tortilla standing vertically above glass. Set fried ice cream ball in base of tortilla.
- Top with dollop of whipped cream and decorate with cherry.
This was a very good recipe. There was vanilla ice cream/frosted flakes instead. I also didn't put on a cherry. Never have been to El Torito, I can't compare but I can say that this was very satisfying.
I used vanilla bean ice cream,and i also used frosted flakes it is so good thanx