1/3 Photos of Copycat Duncan Hines Boxed Cake Mix
This cake tastes like a boxed white cake mix only better, it has never failed me yet, it is a recipe that I use over and over again for the *perfect* white cake, and so easy to make too! really anything can be addded to this cake, tiny chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, add in some food colouring for a pastel coloured cake with matching frosting, this makes a wonderful birthday cake!--------- * NOTE* as one reviewer stated they omitted the salt, omitting the salt will change the texture of this cake completely, so please do *not* omit, using butter-flavor Crisco is acceptable but will alter the taste somewhat but not the texture ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, and line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- 4In a medium or large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream the sugar and shortening until no granules remain (about 4 minutes).
- 5Add in eggs and almond extract (if using); beat very well for 5 minutes on high speed.
- 6In a small bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 7Add to the creamed mixture along with the buttermilk; mix well until blended (about 2-3 minutes).
- 8Transfer to a prepared baking pan.
- 9Bake on second-lowest oven rack for 30-35 minutes (check for doneness after 25 minutes, this cake bakes fast!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Duncan Hines Boxed Cake Mix
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 187.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g