1/3 Photos of Copycat Dq Ice Cream Cake
3 hrs 30 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Posted in response to a thread. I asked the sweet gals at our local DQ about making these cakes. This is it. Simple as it may seem, this is exactly the recipe. The three hours is freezer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter the cake pan of your choice, then press wax paper over the bottom of the pan.
- 2Allow one of the flavors of ice cream to soften, then spread one flavor on the bottom of pan until the pan is almost half full.
- 3Sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies.
- 4Heat the hot fudge in the microwave until pourable; let cool slightly then spoon hot fudge sauce over the top of this. Set in freezer until frozen.
- 5Fifteen minutes before removing the pan, soften the second quart of ice cream. Smooth it evenly with the top of the cake pan. Return to the freezer and freeze until very hard.
- 6Remove from freezer and frost with a mixture of equal parts vanilla ice cream and thawed frozen whipped topping beaten together. Return to freezer until serving time.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Dq Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 820.2
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 545.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 75.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g