Posted in response to a thread. I asked the sweet gals at our local DQ about making these cakes. This is it. Simple as it may seem, this is exactly the recipe. The three hours is freezer time.
- Butter the cake pan of your choice, then press wax paper over the bottom of the pan.
- Allow one of the flavors of ice cream to soften, then spread one flavor on the bottom of pan until the pan is almost half full.
- Sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Heat the hot fudge in the microwave until pourable; let cool slightly then spoon hot fudge sauce over the top of this. Set in freezer until frozen.
- Fifteen minutes before removing the pan, soften the second quart of ice cream. Smooth it evenly with the top of the cake pan. Return to the freezer and freeze until very hard.
- Remove from freezer and frost with a mixture of equal parts vanilla ice cream and thawed frozen whipped topping beaten together. Return to freezer until serving time.