Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This looks so tasty and easy! I received it in an e-mail. Recipe courtesy of RecipeSecrets.net. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration time. EDITED TO ADD recipe for Country Gravy that I found courtesy of RecipeLink.com. (I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks very easy and it was posted for someone who was in search of a copycat Denny's Country Gravy recipe.)
- 4 cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- seasoning salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
FOR COUNTRY GRAVY
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- The night before, put the steaks in a single layer on a dish. Brush them on both sides with an even coating of corn oil. Dust them on both sides with a generous amount of seasoning salt. Drizzle each steak with wine.
- Seal the dish in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 24 hours prior to preparing the final dish.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and coat both sides well in the Bisquick. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the butter with the oil in a large skillet until melted. Place the steaks in the skillet. Brown both sides of each steak, until crispy.
- Transfer to a baking dish and seal in foil. Bake at 375 F for about 30 minutes.
- Top each steak with prepared country gravy.
- FOR COUNTRY GRAVY: Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until well blended, cooking 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add bouillon granules, pepper and salt.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I just read my review on this recipe, I don;t know what I was thinking, when I wrote it.
stacky5 I would like to review your recipe again. I did not take it out of my cook bk. so dumb me
I made it again. and it does taste like denney's. We only eat there when we are traveling. and I always order this if I can. the meat is tender and crispey, like there's, with the delish gravy.
sorry stack5 for my last review...... as for it tasting like denney's it gets 4 stars, but 5 for good home made chicken fried steak.