2 hrs 15 mins
Found on the internet and tweaked. If using as dough, roll out and use right after first rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in warm water.
- 2Stir in sugar, salt, egg, shortening, and 1 cup flour.
- 3Stir in remaining flour.
- 4Place in glass or plastic bowl and cover with dampened (not dripping) towel.
- 5Let rise in warm place until double, about 1.5 hours
- 6Roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- 7If you are using as a substitute for the stuff in a can, stop here.
- 8To make crescents, roll in a 12" circle, spread with butter, and cut in 16 wedges.
- 9Roll up from wide end and place on greased cookie sheet point side down.
- 10Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour.
- 11Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 12Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- 13Brush with more butter if desired.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Crescent Roll Dough in a Can
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 181.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g