Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found on the internet and tweaked. If using as dough, roll out and use right after first rising.
Make and share this Copycat Crescent Roll Dough in a Can recipe from Food.com.
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, egg, shortening, and 1 cup flour.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Place in glass or plastic bowl and cover with dampened (not dripping) towel.
- Let rise in warm place until double, about 1.5 hours
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- If you are using as a substitute for the stuff in a can, stop here.
- To make crescents, roll in a 12" circle, spread with butter, and cut in 16 wedges.
- Roll up from wide end and place on greased cookie sheet point side down.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush with more butter if desired.