Recipe by May's Pearls of Wisdom
Copycat Coffee House Whipped Cappuccino
Top Review by patty harrison
I think I would add less sugar; it was too sweet for me. Next time I will "lighten it" probably to include less sugar and skim milk. It's a 5:1 recipe with sugar to taste-- 5 Milks to 1 espresso. I put your original recipe mixture in a blender and added ice. Lovely. I used semi-skimmed milk but will try skim to lessen the fat calories. THanks for posting! Patty from England
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine espresso, milk, sugar and pectin in a pitcher or covered container.
- Stir or shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill and serve cold.
- NOTES :
- To make the "Mocha" variety, add a pinch (1/16 teaspoon) of cocoa powder to the mixture before combining.
- To fake espresso with a drip coffee maker and standard grind of coffee:
- Use 1/3 cup ground coffee and 1 cup of water.
- Brew once then run coffee through machine again, same grounds.
- Makes about 1/2 cup fresh espresso to use in the above recipe.