Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup strong coffee, cold (see Tidbits)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup hershey chocolate syrup
- Make double-strength coffee in your coffee maker by adding half the water suggested by the manufacturer.
- Allow coffee to chill in the refrigerator before using it in this recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in a small pitcher.
- Stir well or cover and shake.
- Pour over ice in two 16 ounce glasses, and top with whipped cream.
Well, it was pretty close. The kind and strength of coffee that you use has a big effect. I brewed strong coffee, and it was so overwhelming that I'm going to use regular strength next time. I also had to sweeten it up. A Cinnabon Mochalatta Chill is reeeeally sweet! My kids made me try several times to get the right mix of sweetness, chocolate, and caffeinated goodness, and it's not easy! Poor me, I'll have to keep slaving over this one. :)
I thought it taste very much like a Mochalatta Chill. Go buy the $5 Starbucks Iced coffee, the slightly sweetened one (will make 12 copycats). WAY easier, and you know the coffee will be good, with no waiting for it to cool down! And maybe back off on the chocolate syrup a little.
The Cinnabon near me closed and I miss my mochalla chill. I was so excited to see this recipe, but, unfortunately, I did not think it tasted anything like the mochalatta chill. I tried sweetening it up but the coffee taste was too strong. Even adding more half and half didn't help. Very disappointing.