Copycat Chips Ahoy Cookies
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the two sugars and shortening. When creamy add the vanilla extract, salt and egg white.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time, adding a tablespoon of warm water as necessary to mix the flour - don't exceed 4 tablespoons of water - this will make a firm dough.
- Mix in chocolate chips. As the dough gets thicker you may want to mix by hand. Roll into 2-inch balls and press down with the palm of the hand to flatten. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.