Recipe by Mille®
Copycat recipe posted by request.
Top Review by peanutprincesses
Really good! This was so simple and delicious! I drained and rinsed the beans and just added a little water. I used honey instead of sugar and added cumin and salt and doubled the other spices. I also added some cayenne pepper for some heat. Oh and i used a ton of fresh cilantro too. Top it with some pico de gallo and it's perfect!!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 -8 tablespoons crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Let simmer for about 20- 25 minutes.
- Place beans on the bottom of a plate, covering the middle.
- Place chicken breast in the middle, a serving of rice on the side, and a generous helping of picadillo.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon crushed tortilla chips (optional).