Top Review by mama smurf
Made this last night for a quick little dinner. I used good seasonings zesty italian dressing to marinate the chicken. This is definately a keeper. I grilled the chicken on the Forman grill along with some onions and topped the flour tortilla as instructed. Thank you for a easy and delicious meal. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov. 2009.
- 5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Italian salad dressing, to coat
- 1 12-inch flour tortilla
- margarine, melted,for coating
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack/cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomatoes
- sour cream (low fat okay)
- salsa, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast in a bowl with enough Italian dressing to coat; allow to marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Grill marinated chicken until done in a lightly oiled pan.
- Cut into 3/4" pieces and set aside.
- Brush one side of tortilla with margarine and place in frying pan over medium heat.
- On one half of tortilla, add cheese, 1 Tbls.
- tomatoes, peppers, and Cajun seasoning (in that order).
- Make sure to spread to the edge of the half.
- Top with diced chicken, fold empty tortilla side on top, and flip over in pan so that cheese is on top of chicken.
- Cook until very warm throughout.
- Remove from pan to serving plate and cut into six equal wedges on one side of plate.
- On the other side put lettuce, topped with 1/4 cup tomatoes, and then topped with sour cream.
- Serve your favorite salsa in a small bowl on the side.