Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
These tasty little cookies melt in your mouth. They taste just like he Cheryl & Co. sugar cutouts, however these are made with a cookie press (much easier!!). So good!!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 -4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- desired food coloring
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Put dough into cookie press with desired plate; form cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until set, not brown (this part is important! DO NOT OVER COOK!). Cool on wire racks.
- Beat together butter, vanilla and 2 cups powdered sugar in mixing bowl. Add milk. Continue adding sugar in 1/2 cup increments until desired consistency is reached. Add food coloring to all or a portion of frosting and frost cookies. Enjoy!
The cookies themselves rate a 5-star ranking.They are wonderful. I made sure I followed the directions and baked them just until set and not until browned. They very much taste like Cheryl & Co's cookies. IIMO, the frosting needs some revisions. The amount it makes is way, way too much for 1 batch of cookies. A half recipe of the frosting would suffice. I couldn't swear that the frosting tastes the same as Cheryl & Co, but it is a nice buttercream frosting. I love the idea of spritz cookies at times other than Christmas. Thanks for posting the recipe.
These cookies are just like the ones we order! Great recipe...