From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is a copycat recipe I found on the web, and it is EXCELLENT!!!
Make and share this Copycat Cheesecake Factory's Avocado Egg Rolls by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, & diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten
- Stir together vinegars, tamarind, honey, and saffron in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir until tamarind is dissolved.
- In a blender, Puree tamarind mixture, cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, onions, sugar, pepper, and cumin.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes, onion, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, and salt.
- Distribute filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you; fold the bottom corner up, 1/4 of the way over the filling.
- Brush remaining corners and edges of the wrapper with egg, roll up from side to side, fold top corner over all and press to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Continue by deep-frying the egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on brown paper bags.
- Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and serve with prepared dipping sauce!