1/1 Photo of Copycat Burger King Onion Rings
A very simple and easy way to make Burger King Onion Rings at home. It does take a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. Vegetable shortening is best, but you may use vegetable oil if desired. Cooking times and servings are a guess. From TopSecretRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat up your shortening or oil to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut onions into 1/4 inch thick slices, then separate the slices into rings. (I leave 2 rings together for a thicker onion ring).
- 3Pour the milk, flour and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls. (To make it easy, I mix the flour and milk together, and it seems to stick better as well. If the flour/milk mixture is too thick, add a little more milk to make it the right consistency for dipping).
- 4Now bread all of the onion rings: First dip an onion into the milk, then into the flour. Dip it back into the milk, then into the breadcrumbs; and once more into the milk and into the breadcrumbs. (Or, if you mix the flour and milk like I do, dip in flour/milk mixture, then breadcrumbs, and repeat once or twice more). This gives each onion ring a nice thick breading.
- 5Fry a handful of the rings at a time for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove rings from the oil to a rack or paper towels to drain. Lightly salt them and serve them up right away.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Burger King Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 84.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g