Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an inexpensive way to make this clone, use in all your recipes calling for one 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or processor; mix until completey smooth and combined (I use my small 4-cup processor for this).
- Cool to room temperature (the mixture will thicken even more upon standing).
- If not using right away transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- *NOTE* this recipe is equivalent of one 14-ounce can and may be prepared and frozen in a covered freezer container for later use, this freezes very well just remove from freezer (the mixture will remain soft) and stir vigorously with a spoon.
- Use as you would in any recipes calling for sweetened condensed milk.
I thought I had some condensed milk in the cupboard for a recipe I wanted to make but I didn't and couldn't be bothered going down the shops so used this instead. It worked really well, only the sugar didn't quite dissolve fully, maybe caster sugar would be better than regular sugar. As my recipe was a cake it didn't hinder that in any way so 5 stars for saving me from having to go the the store. Thanks!
I just made it. I replaced the sugar with Splenda. WOW! It was great.
Wonderful recipe. I used Splenda and it worked out great!! I put it in a copycat Wendy's Frosty recipe and it tasted just like a frosty but less sugar! Yum!